Home  Contact Us
  Follow Us On:
 
Search:
Advertising Advertising Free Newsletter Free E-Newsletter
NEWS

Restaurant collapse in Shanxi kills 29
Published on: 2020-08-31
Share to
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 

shanxi 01The government of North China's Shanxi Province on Sunday has dispatched a special team to investigate the collapse of a restaurant on Saturday which killed 29 people and injured dozens more, some seriously.

The death toll from the collapse in Xiangfen county, Linfen city has risen to 29 with seven seriously injured and 21 slightly injured. An operation to rescue those trapped in the restaurant finished early Sunday morning. Including the deceased, 57 people were pulled from the wreckage, local authorities said.

The reason for the collapse is not yet known.

An official from the county's housing security and urban and rural construction bureau said that investigations are underway into whether the restaurant was illegally constructed.

shanxi 03A merchant near the restaurant told news portal The Paper that it had been open for more than 10 years, and the building had been pieced together and built in three or four stages.

A local villager, who lives near the restaurant, said that a banquet was being held in the two-story restaurant to celebrate the 80th birthday of a local senior resident surnamed Li when the tragedy took place. The collapse began on the first floor.

The banquet included a Chinese opera performance, and many villagers were enjoying the show when the tragedy took place, said the villager. He said that Li was greeting guests and performers outside the restaurant and therefore survived, however, his wife was among the deceased.

shanxi 04Li kneeled down to apologize, saying he felt guilty for the accident, according to a video.

Chinese netizens on social media platforms also paid tribute, saying that it was sad a happy event had turned into one of mourning.

The State Council, China's cabinet, said it would supervise the investigation into the accident on Saturday, urging the Shanxi provincial government to learn lessons from the tragedy and make the safety of people's lives its utmost priority. It also urged safety in production and development in order to prevent major fatal accidents in the future.

29人遇难!山西襄汾一饭店坍塌

截至08时26分,共救出被困人员57人,其中29人不幸遇难死亡,7人重伤,21人轻伤。

8月29日9时40分左右,山西省临汾市襄汾县陶寺乡陈庄村聚仙饭店发生坍塌事故,当时有民众在此办寿宴,房屋大厅屋顶突发坍塌。

事故发生后,现场成立了重大事故抢险救援组,组织消防、公安、应急、卫生及相关救援队伍840余人,全力以赴赶时间、抢生命,展开救援。

目前,事故具体原因正在进一步调查中。

据报道,陶寺乡政府的工作人员称,发生坍塌的位置是该饭店的偏厅。事发时正值当地一名老人在过寿,亲戚们前来饭店庆祝。

从饭店外可见,一座宽10米以上的彩钢房顶已呈约45度角倾斜。

现场村民祁先生表示,该饭店已经营十几年以上。几年前,聚仙饭店一层房顶加盖了彩钢房。

饭店宴会厅在一楼。据救援队现场救援人员介绍,坍塌的饭店原本为一层建筑,底部有地下室,饭店在一层的基础上加盖了彩钢板房。饭店从一层坍塌,导致二层连带坍塌。

8月29日,应急管理部持续调度山西省临汾市襄汾县一饭店坍塌事故现场救援处置情况。应急管理部主要负责同志在部指挥中心视频了解事故救援现场有关情况,并与在现场的山西省政府负责同志、山西省应急管理厅主要负责同志和消防救援队伍指挥员联线,要求继续全力搜救被困和失联人员,组织医疗专家千方百计救治伤员,要进一步核准人数,及时发布权威信息,回应社会关切。为警示全国,举一反三,推动全面排查违建房屋风险,坚决防止重特大事故发生,国务院安委会决定对此次事故查处进行挂牌督办。应急管理部已会同住房城乡建设部派出工作组赶赴现场,指导救援处置工作。

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment

security code
Write the displayed characters


busy
    Subscription    |     Advertising    |     Contact Us    |
Address: Magnetic Plaza, Building A4, 6th Floor, Binshui Xi Dao.
Nankai District. 300381 TIANJIN. PR CHINA
Tel: +86 22 23917700
E-mail: webmaster@businesstianjin.com
Copyright 2020 BusinessTianjin.com. All rights reserved.