Home  Contact Us
  Follow Us On:
 
Search:
Advertising Advertising Free Newsletter Free E-Newsletter
NEWS

Death toll in south China landslides climbs to 3
Published on: 2010-06-03
Share to
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 


NANNING, June 3 (Xinhua) -- The death toll from rain-triggered landslides in south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region has climbed to 38 as of Thursday, local authorities said.


In Rongxian County alone, the death toll climbed to 23 after eight more bodies were recovered Wednesday night, the county's emergency rescue office said in a press release Thursday.


It said rescuers were still searching for 14 villagers.


At least 2,800 people were evacuated after their homes were destroyed by landslides.


Rongxian was one of the worst-hit counties.


Heavy rains began pounding Guangxi Monday and triggered landslides early Wednesday.


In Cenxi County, 12 people were confirmed dead as of Wednesday night.


Three more deaths were reported in Tengxian County, Donglan County and Fangchenggang City.


Across Guangxi, the rainstorms had battered 27 counties and nearly 80,000 people had been evacuated as of Wednesday night, the local government said.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment

security code
Write the displayed characters


busy
    Subscription    |     Advertising    |     Contact Us    |
Address: Magnetic Plaza, Building A4, 6th Floor, Binshui Xi Dao.
Nankai District. 300381 TIANJIN. PR CHINA
Tel: +86 22 23917700
E-mail: webmaster@businesstianjin.com
Copyright 2020 BusinessTianjin.com. All rights reserved.