Home  Contact Us
  Follow Us On:
Advertising Advertising Free Newsletter Free E-Newsletter

Nearly 100 get food poisoning at Shanxi wedding banquet
Published on: 2023-09-19
Share to
User Rating: / 0

Nearly 100 people got food poisoning at a wedding banquet in North China's Shanxi Province recently, and the topic drew a lot of attention on Sina Weibo on Monday, with many Chinese netizens calling for a thorough investigation.

On September 7, a local resident surnamed Lü hosted a wedding banquet, inviting more than 400 relatives and friends to attend in Quwo county, Linfen in North China's Shanxi Province, according to Henan-based hntv.tv on Monday.

After lunch, a few of them began to have symptoms like fever, diarrhea and vomiting, with nearly 100 attendees suffering from food poisoning in different degrees, ranging from a 4-year-old child to 80-year-olds. Some of them were hospitalized for treatment, and some with milder symptoms took medicine themselves, said the report.

The host Lü felt guilty and cried, saying later that he had reported the incident to the police, according to media reports.

An employee from the hotel involved said that they have sent samples of the food to relevant departments for further investigation. The restaurant has been temporarily closed.




Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment

security code
Write the displayed characters

    Subscription    |     Advertising    |     Contact Us    |
Address: Magnetic Plaza, Building A4, 6th Floor, Binshui Xi Dao.
Nankai District. 300381 TIANJIN. PR CHINA
Tel: +86 22 23917700
E-mail: webmaster@businesstianjin.com
Copyright 2024 BusinessTianjin.com. All rights reserved.